This wonderful event was initiated in 2014 and became Cosmo’s annual event where Cosmo would like to give back to the community, what is sometimes so easily taken for granted. Cosmo aims at developing a collective vision for the future, building partnerships with the private sector, civil society and government with a goal to create a sustainable future.
The Cosmo Team is proud to say that they partnered with Groot FM this year and will be raising money for the #HOOPstoot project..
Participants will have the option to run or walk two different distances:
1. 5km inside the Pretoria National Botanical Garden
2. 10km from Pretoria National Botanical Garden towards the Pretoria street gate.
At the garden there will be entertainment for young and old, our suppliers will exhibit products available at Cosmo, giving out corporate gifts, brochures of special offers and latest releases or specials.
GET UP • MAKE A CHOICE • SET THE TONE
Date: 25 May 2018
Place: Pretoria National Botanical Gardens
Distance: 5km and 10km
Event start time: 08:00
10km Run/Walk R80.00
5km Run/Walk R60.00
Children under 7years FREE
How to enter:
In store at Cosmo Industrial, 449 Pretoria road, Silverton
Online at www.cosmowelding.co.za/enter-online
At the entrance of the Pretoria National Botanical Garden on 25 May 2018 from 06:30
Online – 23 May at 12PM
Pretoria National Botanical Garden 25 May 2018 at 7:45
Individual and Group Entries
Official Timed Event – results available on bouttime.co.za
Entertainment for young and old
Food Stalls, Supplier Product Exhibitions
Baby Joggers at Own Risk
No Pets Allowed
Bring own chair and enjoy the morning with us
Age Restriction on 10km.
To comply with the governing bodies, all walkers 7 years old or younger may not participate on public roads.
Participants Entry fee includes:
Race number for entrance to the Pretoria National Botanical Garden.
Medal and something to drink at finish line.
Groups should consist of 10 members or more.
Payment should be for full team, not individually done.
A common team name must be used. Please ensure that this is spelt exactly the same on all entry forms to ensure that team members are collated together for registration purposes.
Groups of schools, friends, social clubs, businesses etc are all encouraged to enter.
All participants to abide to rules
• Enter online or in-store (449 Pretoria road, Silverton)
• Each participant entering online and in-store must bring their ticket and completed indemnity from with on race day. Race numbers will be available at pre-enter desk.
• All participants race numbers need to be visible at all times.
• Each participant acknowledges the risks and hazards, which exist in an event of this nature.
• Each participant attends, enters and/or participates in the event entirely at his/her own risk.
• Each participant is obliged to strictly adhere to all applicable rules, directives and instructions of the organizers in respect of the event
• Dogs, skateboards, bicycles and wheelie shoes (Heelys) are not allowed.
• Marshals and traffic officers are there for the safety of participants and must be obeyed at all times.
• Medals are awarded only to registered finishers of the run.
• Age Restriction on 10km
• To comply with the governing bodies, all walkers 7 years old or younger may not participate on public roads.
START AND FINISH
Everyone will start at the starting line inside the Pretoria Botanical garden at 8:00 and 08:10, the race ends at the same place.
Medals and goodie bags will be provided to first 2000 runners and walkers that finishes.
Full medical facilities on route during the event.
There will be a water point every 2-3km on the route
Toilets will be provided at start and finish.
Food and refreshments will be sold at Pretoria National Botanical Gardens at the finish line. Open fires are not permitted within the venue. No glass bottles will be allowed in the venue. Bring along a chair and enjoy the fun filled morning, prize giving and entertainment.
The Pretoria National Botanical Garden parking will be used for the Cosmo Run.
Prizes will be handed out under the following categories:
Group with the most spirit and creative look
Biggest group participating from a church
Biggest group participating from a school
Biggest corporate group participating
Random freebies will be handed out as well
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Organisers reserve the right to cancel the event WITHOUT refund, in event of extreme weather or other circumstances that the organisers deem not safe for participants
Race entry queries:
Tel: 012 846 3300
Fax: 012 804 6571